måndag 25 mars 2019

Finishing round 1 - bathroom

I have so many "finishing projects" awaiting in my house. That's the typical work that you don't do since nothing else is depending on it. It's moldings and stuff.

I have decided to finish everything within the year of 2019. Yes! The entry way, the hall way in the basement, small stuff around the house and of course the bathroom. The bathroom wash finished in January 2017. That's means it has been more than two years and that is not OK. Not to me, it isn't.


Drilling in to the cement walls or the tiles is somethings I don't want to do if not fully focused. Today was the day. Also, I had borrowed a cement drill from the neighbor and I guess he wanted me to return it rather sooner than later.

Action No. 1: The clock.
I hung up the clock on the wall so I know what time it is when getting ready for work.


Action No. 2: The hidden triple hook.

I need a hook for the clothes that I used yesterday and maybe will use again before I throw them in the washer. I placed it in a corner, behind the door.


Can you tell that it's not straight? I drilled the upper hole in the grout and the lower in the tile. And the tile is slippery...


There. Problem solved. No one can tell that it isn't straight.


Action No. 3: The shelf.

For the next action, I was smarter. Instead of drilling both the upper and lower holes, I quickly decided to just do the upper one since I didn't want to risk slipping even a bit when doing the lower one.


I drilled the upper holes in the grout and super glued the rest of the console to the tiled wall.



To complete the look, I glued a small screw in the empty hole so no one can tell that I actually  "cheated" :)

A more complete look, right?

The laser spirit level is an invaluable tool.

The shelf was both glued and screwed on to the consoles.

The laundry section in the bathroom.

Finally I don't have to store the radio, flat iron and water spray can on the table. They're stored on the shelf.


Action No. 4: The small hook

This hook is also glued directly to the wall. I cut off the heads of the screws and clued them in to place too.

I welcome you to do the same; join me in this finishing challenge and get everything done in this year!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar